TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Upon booking with Knighton Place Serviced Apartments you are deemed to have read in full and accepted the following Terms and Conditions:
Enquiries can be made via the Contact Form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone +44 (0) 7962060368. ID must be given prior to check-in in the form of a valid Passport or Driving License. Guests should use the booking confirmation invoice email as a receipt of payment and confirmation of the booking made with Knighton Serviced Apartments if booking directly.
1. BOOKING & PAYMENT PROCEDURE.
Full payment is due in advance of occupation by bank transfer or credit/debit card. This will be taken on the day of booking. Credit card details will be held on file to cover any damages or other costs. Upon receipt of payment we will send you confirmation of your booking by email. You may extend your stay at any time, subject to availability. No extra fees are charged for last minute bookings.
All prices quoted are in UK Pounds Sterling and are correct at the time of publication. Payment must be made in UK Pounds Sterling. Bookings using a credit/debit card must be made by, or with the consent of the cardholder. Guests must be over 21 years old to make a booking with Knighton Place Serviced Apartments. Should payment of the full booking amount not reach us immediately we reserve the right to cancel any bookings made.
Falsified Bookings – Any booking obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment of rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
2. BOOKING CANCELLATION POLICY.
IF THE GUEST CANCELS A BOOKING.
All booking cancellations within 30 days before check-in and all non-arrivals are non refundable, depending on the reason for your cancellation or non-arrival. We strongly recommend that clients purchase adequate travel insurance. Regrettably, we have to treat any curtailment of your stay as cancellation. We will use our reasonable endeavours to accommodate your requests for alterations of your Booking, subject to availability of accommodation.
Cancellation terms for bookings made via the online travel agent will be displayed on the website of the particular agent you booked with. Please check your booking information as listed in your initial confirmation email. If booked under the non-refundable rate then the booking is fully non-refundable. If cancelled after booking, or in the case of a no-show, the cancellation fee will be retained as per the terms of booking.
If you have booked directly with us then our standard policy applies and you are entitled to a full refund up to noon 30 days prior to check-in. After this point of time the total booking value will be retained. If you do not check-in by midnight on the first day of your reservation and have not let us know of a reason for the delay then we may treat you as a non-arrival. No refunds will be made for non-arrivals.
IF WE CANCEL YOUR BOOKING.
In exceptional circumstances it may be neccessary for Knighton Place Serviced Apartments to cancel a booking. In that event we shall make all reasonable efforts to offer a suitable alternative within our property portfolio. If we cannot offer suitable alternative accommodation we will provide a full refund for the dates we cannot accommodate. In the unlikely event we have to cancel or make a change to your accommodation we will use all reasonable efforts to contact you as soon as possible, the booking will be treated as cancelled and we will refund any money you have paid to us within 30 days of our cancellation.
We shall not be liable for changes, cancellations or any other effect on your booking due to events beyond our reasonable control (force majeure), including (by way of example only and without limiting the generality of the foregoing) terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or man made disasters, fire, and adverse weather conditions.
3. FACILITIES & SERVICES.
Note: No items are to be removed from any apartments or dismantled in any way. Furniture is not to be moved within the apartment.
We will take care of any problems within the apartments such as dishwasher, television, broadband, WiFi, electricity, water and heating but we cannot be held responsible for failure or interuption of services outside of the apartment. If there’s an interuption to any of services inside the apartment, once we receive notification, we will use all reasonable efforts to rectify the issue within a reasonable period of time. We cannot be held responsible for inconveniences such as noise caused by public traffic, Town bell or Church bell ringing.
Wireless broadband (WiFi) is avalable in all apartment locations and is provided free of charge. We cannot guarantee connectivity at any given time, however we endeavour to maintain the wireless router connnection within all apartments. If there is a fault with the hardware provider we will give support and maintenance. If the fault is deemed to be with the guest’s hardware/devices, support will not be available.
We will not be liable for loss of this service due to connection, environmental or human error and no support service is available. For this reason, wireless broadband internet is not a contractual provision. We do not assume any responsibility for any damage to your computer or the data contained on it, nor the security of any data transferred over the internet. This is handled by our Internet Service Provider, BT Internet. Security information and terms can be viewed on their website. Guests are responsible for the protection of their computers from loss of data, unauthorised access or viruses. All usage of the broadband must be within normal usage amounts and not exceed 15gb per day.
No daily housekeeping service is provided. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property. A weekly maid service is provided for stays of 2 weeks or more. This service includes cleaning the apartment and refreshing the bed linen and towels. Knighton Place Serviced Apartments have no washing machines provided in the apartments. Guests can do their laundry at the local self service launderette about 100 yards away on the High Street (details of where to find the launderette is given in the guest’s guidance folder inside the apartment).
EMERGENCY CALL OUT.
The emergency number is provided to give guests a direct line to a maintenance manager out of office hours. This number is only to be used for emergencies (Flood, fire, power cut, and lost keys). If a call out visit is made for any non-emergency reason we reserve the right to charge the guest a call out fee of £150.00.
4. NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS.
The number of person permitted to occupy each apartment is limited to the number of beds (i.e a one double bed apartment sleeps 2, a 2 double bed sleeps 4, a two single beds sleeps one on each single bed). Under no circumstance may more than the maximum number of persons specified in the apartment description occupy the apartment. We reserve the right to refuse admittance or terminate the stay in the apartment to the hirer and their party if they are in breach of this condition.
5. CHECK-IN, CHECK-OUT & RETURN OF KEYS.
Check-in is from 3.00pm, Check-out is by 10.00am. In the event of late check-out or refusal to vacate the apartment by the booked check-out time, we reserve the right to remove all persons and property from the apartment. Any items left in an apartment past the agreed departure time are left at the owner’s risk – we accept no responsibility for such items and reserve the right to remove them and hold them in the storage up to 30 days, with no guarantee of safekeeping. After that they will be disposed of. Lost property can be posted back to you at your own cost with prior agreement. We will not accept any liability for any items that go missing.
Keys, for the building and apartment door, must be returned by 10.00am into the Key Box for the numbered apartment. All guests are given one set of keys per apartment and no copies are permitted. If the guest locks him or herself out of the property and requires the owners’ assistance to re-enter the property, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee, as an Additional Charge. On check-out, keys must be left in the Key Box (or an agreed place directed by the guest book) and the accommodation must be left locked.
You must ensure that the Apartment is locked and windows are closed whenever you are not in it. You must guard the keys against loss or theft at all times.
Lost or non-returned keys pose a security risk to other customers, so this necessitates a change of locks. The full cost of this replacement will be charged to the credit/debit card used for the booking as an Additional Charge.
6. DAMAGES TO APARTMENT & PAYMENT OF ADDITIONAL CHARGES INCURRED
Valid credit/debit card details must be supplied at the time of booking. In the event of damage to the apartment or contents these card details will be used to charge the appropriate repairs or replacements. We reserve the right to deduct from the relevant credit/debit card, without prior notice, all amounts chargeable under these conditions.
The apartment should be left in a reasonable state on departure, if (at our absolute discretion) we consider that additional specialist cleaning is required (i.e carpet cleaning to remove stains) we will charge an additional fee of £150.00. If an apartment is deemed unfit for occupation we reserve the right to Charge £150 for specialist cleaning to an apartment, and/or its contents, where it’s left in an exceptionally bad condition or if we believe smoking has taken place in the apartment. You will be laible to pay compensation to us for any loss of revenue in addition to the costs of cleaning and repair.
Damage to the apartment or contents must be paid in full by you. In the event of any breakages or damage discovered whilst your stay or after you vacate, we will telephone you or notify you by e-mail within 10 days of your departure, where possible with photographic evidence and detailed description of the damage and cost of rectification. It’s your responsiblility to check all items and that there is no damage to these items. Condition reports can also be provided at the beginning and at the end of the accommodation period if requested.
Nothing in these terms and condition limits or excludes our statutory liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for any damage or liability incurred by you as a result of fraud or misrepresentation by us or any liability that cannot by law be excluded.
Subject to the above, we shall not be liable for any loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill, loss of goods, loss or corruption of data or information. Your booking shall be limited to the fees paid to us under your booking. We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance of our obligations which results directly or indirectly from any uncontrollable cause or circumstance, including the act of any govement or authority, act of terrorism, fire, flood, lightning, explosion, fog or bad weather, interruption to or failure of a utility service (including but not limited to electricity, water or telecommunications), strikes, lockouts or boycotts, embargo, blockade. Other than in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or any other liability that by law cannot be excluded or restricted, our liability to you in relation to these conditions is limited to the higher of (I) GBP £1000; and (II) the value of the booking made with us.
7. CAR PARKING
There is no parking space provideed with the Apartments and you are responsible for all parking arrangements for your vehicle. Knighton Serviced Apartments will not be held liable for any parking penalties obtained during your stay.
We provide limited secured space for storing (hanging) of your bicycles inside the building during your stay.
We cannot be held responsibility for any theft and/or damage of your personal belongings during your stay in any Serviced Apartment booked. Therefore, you are advised to ensure you have approprite insurances in place. We regret that we cannot accept liability for any loss, damage or additional expense where the booking needs to be altered, or cancelled, or we are unable to perform our contractual obligations as a result of events of ‘force majeure’. In these Booking Conditions, ‘force majeure’ means any event which could not have been reasonably avoided, by us or the suppliers of the relevant services in question. Such events may include civil strife, terroist activity, natural or man-made disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions and all similar events outside our or the relevent suppliers’ control.
We are not liable for fraudulent use of credit/debit cards, other than from misconduct of our own staff or their negligence. However we will make all reasonable efforts to see that card use is legal, appropriate and honest. Your statutory legal rights are not affected by any term in this Agreement.
Your stay with us is not intended to confer exclusive possession on either the client or guest nor to create the relationship of landlord and tenant between Knighton Place Serviced Apartments and either the client or any guest. This is a short term letting and you will not be entitled to any rights under any statutory provision including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the Rent Act 1977, any assured tenancy or assured shorthold tenancy under the Housing Act 1988, or any tenancy arising under or in terms of, or regulated by, the Housing (England) Act 1988, Housing (England) Act 2006, Housing (England) Act 2014, and/or Private Housing (Tenancies) (England) Act 2016, including in each case any amendment or re-enactment of any such statute for the time being in force.
Our rates are subject to change without notice on unbooked dates, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing. VAT is charged as appropriate. Any changes to your reservation requested by you, will be subject to the change in rates if applicable.
10. TERMINATION BY KNIGHTON SERVICED APARTMENTS
Knighton Place Serviced Apartments has the right to terminate a booking at any time on the grounds of partying, playing loud music, general nuisance behaviour, abuse of staff or other guests, mistreatment of apartment, non-payment or criminal activity on the part of those occupying the apartment or their guests. In such circumstances, Knighton Place Serviced Apartments is not obliged to provide or locate alternative accommodation. The period of notice is at the discretion of Knighton Place Serviced Apartments. Apartments cannot under any circumstance be used for partying, playing loud music or general nuisance behaviour. Guests must have regard for other ocucupants in the building.
11. INJURY OR LOSS
Knighton Place Serviced Apartments shall have no liability for the death or personal injury to you or any members of your party whilst on our property, unless this results from an act or omission on our part.
Any guest using their own electrical appliances (hairdryers, curlers, tongs, shavers, personal computers, personal stereos etc.) must ensure they are in safe condition and use an appropriate adaptor if needed. Non-UK plugs used without the appropriate adaptor/transformer are a serious fire risk. Please ensure that all heated appliances (hair dryer, toaster etc.) are switched off, cooled down and stored safely before leaving the apartmen t. Guests found to be in breach of this rule may be asked to leave with immediate effect.
We are not liable for loss or damage to personal effects howsoever arising at the serviced accommodation. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property and we accept no liability to you in respect of damage to, or loss of, such property unless caused by negligence on our part.
Neither we, nor our representatives, can be held responsible for any circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, illness or failure of public service supply
12. RIGHTS OF ACCESS
Representatives of Knighton Place Serviced Apartments or their subcontractors have the right of access to the property at any time, with due regard to the convenience of the hirer, for the purpose of inspection of the property and to carry out any essential repair or maintenance work.
Regrettably no pets of any kind are permitted under any circumstance. The clients is liable for any infringement of this rule. Knighton Place Serviced Apartments has the right to terminate your stay if they deem such behaviour has occurred. In the event of such a breach, no refund will be made if such behaviour is deemed to have occurred. A surcharge of £150 will be made if evidence of pets is discovered in the apartment.
UK legislation provides that smoking is not permitted in Serviced Apartments or in the internal communal areas of the apartment building. Smokers must vacate the building should they wish to smoke. Where there is evidence of guests smoking within the apartments, we reserve the right to charge £200 for specialist cleaning. Anyone found using or under the influence of illegal drugs or substances classified under the Misuse of Drugs act (1971) will be reported to the police and asked to leave the premises. Any evidence or suspicion of drug use on our premises will also be reported immediately to the police.
15. SECURITY OF TENURE
All Knighton Place Serviced Apartments are occupied as FHL (Furnished Holiday Let) or SA (Serviced Apartments) and on this basis no rights of tenancy are created. They are exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Act. Knighton Place Serviced Apartments reserves the right to access the apartments and terminate your stay at any time without prior notice if it deems neccessary.
16. APARTMENT SPECIFICATION
Reasonable care has been taken that the content of our website is correct but it is subject to amendment at any time without notice. All content on our website is published in good faith. However we cannot warrant that the content of other means of promotion or advertising by third parties such as booking agents accurately or completely describe any of the Serviced Apartments. Our website may link to other websites and we are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of those websites.
You should note the following points about apartments:
- Apartments are individual, each is different in style, size and layout, so furnishing details are not uniformly standard, though accommodation and location are confirmed in advance.
- Knighton Place Serviced Apartments have the right to add or remove any of its services or facilities without prior notice.
- The number of people permitted to occupy each apartment is limited to the number of beds. If the number of people occupying exceeds the number permitted we may refuse access to the accommodation or reserve the right to charge for additional apartments if available.
- You and your companion/s must comply with the rules and regulations set by us. We recommend that you take time to familiarise yourself with the safty procedures in the apartments, the building and local area, paying particular attention for fire evacuation details and security.
- Where internet or broadband connecivity is available free to use, you agree to use such services in a responsible manner and not for any illegal purpose.
- For further information on individual apartments please email: email@example.com
17. DISCOUNT/PROMOTIONAL CODES
All promotional codes offered and distributed by Knighton Place Serviced Apartments via web/email/print/phone text are subject to change/expiry/refusal at any time. Knighton Place Serviced Apartments reserves the right to change/refuse the details of promotion without notice. All valid promotions/discounts are added to the order before payment when booking; this allows clients to see whether or not the promotion has been added to the order. Knighton Place Serviced Apartments cannot apply discount/promotional codes for bookings over the phone or after the order has been placed.
18. INCLUDED AS STANDARD
Knighton Place Serviced Apartments often provide toiletries & condiments on arrival. These are complimentary and provided at the discretion of Knighton Place Serviced Apartments. Toiletries, condiments etc. will not be replenished throughout the stay; it’s not the responsibility of Knighton Place Serviced Apartments to provide such items.
- As standard, Knighton Place Serviced Apartments will often, but is not obliged to, provide the following on arrival; refill of liquid/shampoo, one hand soap, one pack (1×4) toilet rolls, two bath towels, two hand towels.
- Refill of washing up liquid, one washing up sponge, three dishwasher tablets (for apartments that have dishwasher installed) one pack of “J-coths”, one pack of bin bags and a selection of condiments.
19. ADDITIONAL CHARGES
Our hold on your credit card will normally last for seven days from the date of your vacating an apartment. Additional Charges, which may be payable, include those items specified in the Booking and any specified in these terms and conditions. Where Additional Charges (including charges for damage) are payable, you hereby authorise us to take them from the credit or debit card used to make the Booking, up to the pre-authorized amount of £150 which is detailed on the Booking Confirmation. Where Additional Charges exceed the pre-authorized amount you will be invoiced for the excess. If no credit or debit card was used in the Booking, you must pay Additional Charges by another means acceptable to us. All Additional Charges are due on the check-out date, unless the context otherwise requires.
If you fail to pay any Additional Charge within 14 days of the date of our invoice requiring payment of the same, you will incur all reasonable costs resulting. We reserve the right to pass unpaid debts on to a professional Debt Collection agency.
20. CLIENTS’ OBLIGATIONS
The client will guarantee the following, all being conditions of the contract between us, breach of which would entitle us to cancel the remainder of the booking: –
- Guests will not keep any animals or pets in the property.
- When guests with small children occupy the property, the guest undertakes to provide all suitable childproofing safety equipment.
- Guests will not do or permit any act reasonably likely to make any insurance policy on the property void or voidable or increase the premium.
- Guests will not do anything that may cause a nuisance or annoyance to the owners or to any other occupier or guest of adjoining properties or do anything at the property that is illegal. Noise disturbance after 11pm and before 7am can be reported to the local Council.
- At the end of this agreement the property is cleared of the guest’s effects and left in good repair and clean condition. The client will pay (as an Additional Charge) for the repair or replacement of such items of the fixtures, furniture, furnishings and other effects as shall be broken, lost, damaged, or destroyed save for reasonable wear and tear.
- Guests will use the Apartment for private stay-cation/holiday purposes only and not for any business use.
- Guests will not change any furniture layout to the apartment, or attempt to make any repairs.
- Guests will allow us or our authorised representatives permission at all reasonable times to enter the Apartment to inspect its condition or carry out maintenance.
- Guests will not assign, underlet, sub-license, charge or part with possession of the whole or any part of the property, take in lodgers or share occupation of the property with any person in any way.
- Guests will not appropriate, sell, loan, charge or otherwise dispose of or part with possession of any of the contents located at the property including without limitation the owners’ furniture and effects.
- Guests will not hang on the outside of the property any flower pot or similar object or any clothes or other articles.
- Guests will not put any nappies, ladies sanitary items, wipes etc. nor noxious or damaging substances into the sinks, shower or lavatory cisterns or waste or soil pipes in the property or block them or allow them to overflow, and will immediately report any such blockage etc. to us.
- Guests will not leave the entrance doors to the property open but ensure that all door locks are properly engaged at all times. All windows must be closed when not in the apartment to prevent any potential break in or during bad weather to avoid rain damage.
- Guests will take all reasonable precautions to prevent condensation by keeping the property adequately ventilated and heated. Extractor fans located in the shower rooms must be kept in operating mode (with the Isolation switch On) at all times to prevent damage to the apartment.
- Guests will not change any lock to the property nor have any duplicate keys made.
- Guests will notify us as soon as is practicably possible of (a) any plumbing, electrical or general problem or (b) any damage to the property or its contents, and shall desist from attempting to remedy such problem on their own.
- Guests will use all equipment provided at the Property strictly in accordance with its operating instructions and not for any purpose other than its intended use.
- Guests will not leave or store any valuable personal possessions anywhere in the property where they can be easily viewed by third parties.
- Guests will not play ball games inside or within the grounds of the apartment.
- The number of people occupying the property must not at any time exceed the maximum number of permitted occupants as set out in your booking of the relevant property.
- Guests will use any cleaning products, liquids, tablets etc. strictly in accordance with their usage instructions and ensure that such products are kept out of reach of children. We accept no liability for misuse of products supplied.
- Guests will not install any portable cooking appliances, camping stove, barbeque or similar item in the apartment.
- Guests will not behave in an abusive or threatening manner toward our staff.
- Guests will ensure recycling is separated and placed into bins provided, and upon check out ensure washing up is undertaken and all kitchenware is put away clean.
- Guests are not permitted to smoke anywhere within the property (outside the building areas only). Failure to comply will result in the full damage deposit being retained.
You indemnify us and will keep us indemnified on demand for all claims, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including legal fees) incurred or suffered by us (except any incurred as a result of our fault) in connection with this Agreement or in connection with any use or misuse of the Apartment, except for personal injury or death caused by our act or omission.
21. . TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT
This agreement may be ended by us with immediate effect if: –
- The serviced accommodation fee is not paid on the payment day, or if you are in breach of any of the terms or conditions set out in this document; or
- The client becomes bankrupt, has an administration order made against him or her or has a judgment enforced or entered against him or her.
We may also terminate this agreement at any time and for any reason on giving the client reasonable written notice. The client will, at the end of the serviced accommodation period, return to us all keys to the property, retaining none and give us vacant possession of the property.
22. HEALTH & SAFETY
We want your stay to be as comfortable as possible. Failure to comply with the conditions set out may be considered as a breach of contract and the guest being asked to leave.
Guests should keep the apartment free of hazardous objects and substances at all times and not leave it in a condition that would make it unsafe for our housekeepers, staff, visitors or Guests themselves to use.
Please be aware that at some premises we reserve the right to use CCTV or other recording devices, on the exterior of the apartment and in communal hallways. This is there for your, and the property’s security.
All complaints should be notified as soon as possible to us (contact details below) and we will do our best to resolve them in a timely manner.
If you are still not satisfied then within 14 days of the end of your stay, you should put your comments in writing to our address below, and we will use all reasonable efforts to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
You can also complain to the booking agent you used for your apartment reservation.
24. LAW & JURISDICTION
These conditions and terms of contract and all matters arising there from are subject to the Law of England and Wales and, in the event of dispute, the client will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Knighton Place Serviced Apartments is in Wales, the agreement between us and all matters arising therefrom are subject to the law of England and Wales and, in the event of a dispute, you will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If any provision (or part-provision) in these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If not possible, it shall be struck out and all the rest of the agreement shall remain in operation and enforceable.
In this Agreement the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires: “Additional Charge” means a charge or fee that is additional to the rental and includes those specified as an ‘additional charge’ in these terms and conditions or in the Booking, and also any other reasonable charge or fee incurred by you under these terms and conditions.
“We” refers to Knighton Place Serviced Apartments offering serviced apartments as property owner.
“Client” is the person who arranges the accommodation – they could also be the guest.
“Guest” is any adult authorised by us to reside at the property – they could also be the client.
“Apartment” or “property” is an accommodation managed by the owner(s) of it.
“Booking” means an offer from you to us to hire one of our apartments on the terms of this agreement following your provision of sufficient information to enable us to complete our telephone or Website provisional booking process.
“Furniture and appliances” means such furniture and appliances usually found within the apartment and any other items which we agree to provide;
“Inclusive Services” means housekeeping service once per week, linen and towel change once per week, use of electricity, gas, water, sewerage, council tax, TV licence.
“Serviced Apartment” means the following: – A fully furnished and equipped apartment, accessed by corridors, stairwells and any common part of the building, inclusive of gas, electricity, water, drainage and sewerage, Council Tax, TV licence, a once per week cleaning and linen service.
26 ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS / CONTRACT OF HIRE
All bookings are subject to these terms and conditions that are deemed to have been acceptance in full by the hire and all persons in the party. Payment of deposit and/or Serviced Apartment fee also indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Proprieter: Mrs Kullaya Kay Eve
Knighton Place Serviced Apartments.
3 Broad Street Knighton, Powys LD7 1BL. UK